Loftsails Raceboardblade 9.5 LW powers Joao Rodrigues to 2018 Raceboard World Championship victory, with Curro Manchon - also using a Loftsails Raceboardblade 9.5 LW - in second place! These latest results add to previous Raceboard blade World Championships victories for Fernando Martinez and Alex Buchau, proving again that Raceboardblade has the performance to lead the fleet! Raceboard sails provide power and lift for course-racing longboard raceboards with centreboards. They are designed for upwind drive and extreme pointing abiity in winds ranging from ultra light to a stiff breeze, and for full-planing downwind legs. The Loftsails Raceboardblade is a full-bodied, low-end power source with superb, streamlined and efficient trim reactivity at its top end. The 6-batten, 3-cam 9.5 is especially effective in medium to strong wind Raceboard competition.
- Blade mast-pocket construction features mast panel and mast-pocket sides (3 layers) that are tensioned directly (all 3 layers under tack pulley webbings)– therefore downhaul tension is equalized between the mast panel and the mast pocket resulting in the Raceboard Blade’s firm, clean, easy-rotating leading edge
- 4 mil Dimension Polyant monofilm body panels – proven superior performance
- Tubed battens with varying carbon content according to performance.
- Metallic cam interfaces– MCIs eliminate contact point degradation characteristic of cam designs without MCIs
- Exposed tack (no mast pad) and boomhole, facilitating adjustable downhaul assemblies
- Xply batten pockets that alternate sail sides... using similar material for the batten pocket as the body material minimizes the asymmetric character of applied batten pockets. Pockets made with laminates allow the batten to be centered. These features combine to maintain rotation symmetry. In contrast, same-side dacron pockets promote assymetrical rotation.
“Specialized design for the low end making light-air raceboard racing more efficient and more fun!”
Frequently asked questions?
Find the answers of your Raceboardblade 2017 & 2018 questions
Just click the box below.