On the competition circuit since 2007, the Racingblade is Loftsails’ dedicated slalom racing design developed with attention to blistering acceleration and top speed.
Planchemag Racingblade 2020 verdict: “Very complete” Efficient and stable profiles, a relatively free leech, and wide ultra-low drag mast pockets are designed into the Racingblade.
Wide mast pockets require firm tension for smooth airflow efficiency. The Racingblade mast pocket construction is unique: all 3 layers - the mast panel and the two mast pocket sides - are tensioned by the tack pulley webbings. This construction - first developed by Loftsails - equalizes mast panel and mast pocket loading which is key to achieving the Racingblades’ firm, clean, easy-rotating leading edge.
Totally redesigned for 2021 with high aspect ratios, new luff curves and horizontal shaping and redesigned leech exhaust tuning
- Blade mast pocket construction features mast panel and 2 mil triax X-Ply mast pocket sides (3 layers) tensioned directly (all 3 layers under tack pulley webbings) – downhaul tension is equalized between the mast panel and the mast pocket resulting in the Racingblade’s firm, clean, easy-rotating leading edge
- Internal vertical and horizontal Kevlar strip applications at cams – defines profile and augments stability
- Tubed battens with varying carbon content. Top 3 specialized 100% carbon tubes – carbon tubes are lightweight and deliver superior stability at the upper end
- Unique SDM and RDM mast compatibility. Tekcam2 Large (installed) and Reduced (in sail bag) included with size 8.4 and smaller
- Metallic cam interfaces – MCIs eliminate contact point degradation characteristic of cam designs without MCIs
- X-ply batten pockets that alternate sail sides - using similar material for the batten pocket as the body material minimizes the asymmetric character of applied batten pockets. Pockets made with laminates allow the batten to be centered. These features combine to maintain rotation symmetry. In contrast, same-side dacron pockets promote asymmetrical rotation
- Streamlined neoprene boom cutout with dual zippers – limits water entry into the mast sleeve, keeping the rig light for fast recoveries
- Tekcam2 camber inducer design – easy rotation and gentle to your mast
- Durable IYU250 4-part mast pocket – the perfect material between your mast and the elements
- 4 mil Dimension Polyant laminated monofilm upper body panels – proven superior performance
- Trim: leech-release reference logo to dial in trim
Frequently asked questions?
Find the answers of your Racingblade 2021 questions
Just click the box below.