Freerace performance made easy.
The Switchblade – our proven 3-cam freerace design – has been updated for 2021 and is available with brand new colours.
The new models are more high aspect. The resulting increase of mast length is balanced by the introduction of a closed sleeve head that replaces the plug fitting used in previous seasons.
New luff curves and redesigned vertical shapes generate a broader palette of trim possibilities and give greater forward-oriented drive.
If you are looking for solid bottom-end power that remains dependable and secure, the Switchblade will certainly impress. This sail delivers control and performance over a simply massive tuning range.
- Green: full X-Ply... 5 mil biaxial luff and foot panels, 4 mil biax window panels, 3.5 mil biax leech panels, 2 mil upper body panels
- Orange: 5 mil biaxial luff and foot panels, 5 mil mono window and 4 mil mono body panels
- Tekcam2 camber inducer design – easy rotation and gentle to your mast
- SDM and RDM mast compatibility. Tekcam2 Large (installed) and Reduced (in sailbag) included with sizes 8.6 and smaller
- Metallic cam interfaces – MCIs eliminate contact point degradation characteristic of cam designs without MCIs
- Tubed batten structure – solid stability for the upper end
- X-ply batten pockets that alternate sail sides – using similar material for the batten pocket as the body material minimizes the asymmetric character of applied batten pockets. Pockets made with laminates allow the batten to be centered. These features combine to maintain rotation symmetry. In contrast, same-side dacron pockets promote asymmetrical rotation
- Streamlined neoprene boom cutout with dual zippers – limits water entry into the mast sleeve for fast recovery
- Blade mast pocket construction – pocket sides under the tack pulley webbings for rotation ease, clean mast pocket and longevity
- Kevlar strip applications – profile definition, mast pocket stability and longevity
- Super durable full IYU250 4-part mast pocket – the perfect material between your mast and the elements
- Trim: leech-release reference logo to dial in trim
Frequently asked questions?
Find the answers of your Switchblade 2021 questions
Just click the box below.