Skyblade is a cutting-edge design for cutting-edge wind foil racing.
Skyblades combine enhanced stability with the powerful, pump-able Skyscape design package. The additional batten and cam shift these new sails to the upper-end performance level of competitive wind foiling. The firm Skyscape exhaust (leech twist) generates phenomenal upwind and downwind angles.
Totally new designs for 2021, a full year of research and development resulted in higher aspect ratios, redesigned vertical and horizontal shaping, and new exhaust tuning.
- Large transparent foot panel for full competition visibility
- Tekcam2 camber inducer design – easy rotation and gentle on your mast
- Metallic cam interfaces MCIs eliminate contact point degradation characteristic of cam designs without MCIs
- Tubed battens with varying carbon content. Top 3 specialized 100% carbon tubes – carbon tubes are lightweight and deliver superior stability for the upper end
- X-ply batten pockets that alternate sail sides... using similar material for the batten pocket as the body material minimizes the asymmetric character of applied batten pockets. Pockets made with laminates allow the batten to be centered. These features combine to maintain rotation symmetry. In contrast, same-side dacron pockets promote asymmetrical rotation
- Streamlined neoprene boom cutout with dual zippers limits water entry into the mast sleeve for fast recovery
- Blade mast pocket construction – pocket sides under the tack pulley webbings for rotation ease, clean mast pocket and longevity
- Kevlar strip applications – profile definition, mast pocket stability and longevity
- Durable IYU250 4-part mast pocket – the perfect material between your mast and the elements
- Trim: leech-release reference logo to dial in trim
Frequently asked questions?
Find the answers of your Skyblade 2021 questions
Just click the box below.