One of the most test-winning sails of all time, the Oxygen is a progressive slalom high-performance rig in an easy, camfree package. Since its inception in 2000 as the O2 at the start of the Loftsails’ brand the Oxygen has won 15 leading magazine equipment tests. Take your board to its limits - easy, light, powerful, proven performance. Freeriding has never been so fast and free. For 2018 Loftsails introduces two Oxygens: OXYGEN HD: ultimate longevity and reduced weight- full xply: 5-mil biaxial luff and foot panels, 4-mil biax window panels, and 3.5-mil biax body panels. OXYGEN: 5-mil biaxial luff and foot panels, 5-mil mono window and 4- mil bi-ply body panels.
- Established top/shelf freeride design... no compromise.
- Full tubed batten systems - no compromise to the upper end.
- Dual clew eyelets with webbings – adjust your leech-release character to suit your sailing conditions.
- Cross batten with leech extension batten and inset clew – connects the boom to the batten structure and promotes lower leech twist for upper-end ease.
- Unique, super durable full IYU250 4-part mast-pocket construction – the perfect material between your mast and the elements.
- Xply batten pockets that alternate sail sides... using similar material for the batten pocket as the body material minimizes the asymmetric character of applied batten pockets. Pockets made with laminates allow the batten to be centered. These features combine to maintain rotation symmetry. In contrast, same-side dacron pockets promote asymetrical rotation.
- 7.3 and down 6 battens, 7.8 and up 7 battens.
- 5 mil biax foot panels, exclusive 3.5 mil upper body panels- durability low, light responsive up top.
“Experience our Oxygen to know what true freeride is about. Deep design pedigree
accessible slalom performance... the Oxygen is alive.”