The Skyblade is a cutting-edge design for a cutting-edge discipline.
With Ramon Pastor and Fernando Martinez taking 1st and 3rd places at the European Championship in Portugal in 2019, and Hélène Noesmoen winning the Formula Foil World Championship in Switzerland, the design proved its competitive potential.
Loftsails R&D has worked intensively to improve the Skyblades for the 2021 season. The aspect ratio of the sail has been increased, the head width narrowed, new batten profiles developed, and vertical shapes redistributed. The result is a shape with a significantly more forward-oriented drive.
The updated design requires a shorter boom length that has reduced backhand pressure in flight. The sail exhaust was also fine-tuned to give it a softer lower leech.
The synergy of these updates has resulted in a substantially lighter feel, improved acceleration, and more control at high speed.
- Large transparent foot panel for full competition visibility
- Tekcam2 camber inducer design – easy rotation and gentle on your mast
- Metallic cam interfaces MCIs eliminate contact point degradation characteristic of cam designs without MCIs
- Tubed battens with varying carbon content. Top 3 specialized 100% carbon tubes – carbon tubes are lightweight and deliver superior stability for the upper end
- X-ply batten pockets that alternate sail sides... using similar material for the batten pocket as the body material minimizes the asymmetric character of applied batten pockets. Pockets made with laminates allow the batten to be centered. These features combine to maintain rotation symmetry. In contrast, same-side dacron pockets promote asymmetrical rotation
- Streamlined neoprene boom cutout with dual zippers limits water entry into the mast sleeve for fast recovery
- Blade mast pocket construction – pocket sides under the tack pulley webbings for rotation ease, clean mast pocket and longevity
- Kevlar strip applications – profile definition, mast pocket stability and longevity
- Durable IYU250 4-part mast pocket – the perfect material between your mast and the elements
- Trim: leech-release reference logo to dial in trim
|Description ||Size ||Luff ||Boom Min ||Boom Max ||Vario Top ||Extension ||Cambers ||Battens ||Recommended Mast ||Weight |
|Skyblade 8.0 Green 2021||8.0 m2||526 cm||Fixed||36 cm||4||7||Team Edition 490||6.06 kg|
|Skyblade 9.0 Green 2021||9.0 m2||558 cm||Fixed||38 cm||4||7||Team Edition 520||6.41 kg|
|Skyblade 10 Green 2021||10.0 m2||588 cm||Fixed||38 cm||4||7||Team Edition 550||6.67 kg|
Frequently asked questions?
Find the answers of your Skyblade 2021 questions
Just click the box below.